Sunday 13 November 2011

The Future is Going to be Amazing!



A few years back I nearly fell off my chair. I was watching a nanotechnology video about a new waterproofing technology. The results were breathtaking, I had never seen anything like it before, but unfortunately the technology was only for military applications and I never heard anymore about it. Now years later, when nanotechnology hype has died down, a new video has emerged that implies a consumer version of that very same technology. The technology is described as superhydrophobic, and like all good technologies, it comes in a spray can.

Imagine what this means for products. Having clothes that never soil, trainers that stay clean, a white shirt that repels red wine, self drying draining boards! The possibilities are endless and its not just water resistant but it can be anti-bacterial, anti-corrosive, even anti-icing! To me thats just mind boggling. For example, you could have roads that are never wet, always clean, and never have a spot of ice on them. That maybe an extreme example, but nevertheless the product those seem to have countless applications. Check out www.neverwet.com for more info.

Another product technology I came across years back was this amazing spatula. Watch and enjoy.